Landmark College Initiatives
We are continuing to develop programming with Landmark College as we collaboratively ask and answer the question: “How do we best prepare LD students for a successful transition from high school to college?” Our goal is to build an innovative model that ensures a continuum of teaching and learning that eradicates the achievement gap between high school and college. The following components of this model will launch this year:
- Landmark College Institute for Research and Training to continue to provide training in the Executive Functioning Coaching Model to maintain Greenwood’s certification as a Landmark College Executive Functioning Coaching School
- Landmark College to offer online college credit bearing Advanced Placement Classes (supported by Greenwood faculty) to juniors and seniors.
- Greenwood seniors eligible for Dual Enrollment classes at Landmark College
- The Following components are in the design phase:
- Landmark College Student Life Department offering “College Life Introduction” workshops at Landmark to Greenwood seniors
- Grade 13 program (attend Landmark College; reside and receive additional programming at Greenwood)
Stern Center for Language and Learning Initiatives
This fall we are piloting the concept of a “Stern Center at Greenwood School.” This strategic alliance will elevate Greenwood’s reputation of incorporating research into practice and bring a new suite of services for teachers, students, and families to Greenwood School and to Southern Vermont. Initiatives include:
- Diagnostic evaluations
- Professional Learning Workshops:
- Assessment Symposium Series for School Psychologists and Other Professionals (9/25, 10/9, 11/6)
- Orton-Gillingham introduction to Associate Level Course (30 hour course over 5 days)
In Addition, Greenwood School will continue to benefit from a consulting relationship (bank of 40 consultation hours) with the Stern Center Team.
We have built a strong institutional culture of critical self-reflection and embracing creativity and innovation as we aim to develop new initiatives that set Greenwood apart from the competition.