Computers are an important tool for the student who has spelling and expressive writing difficulties. Greenwood recognizes this and provides each student with a laptop that is equipped with assistive technologies and is Internet accessible, with the appropriate web filters in place. Students use their computers for a variety of reasons including:
- To learn keyboard skills (taught in the language tutorials and writing classes)
- To use appropriate speech-to-text technology to assist them with expressive writing
- To practice math facts
- To use the internet for research projects
- For other problem solving endeavors
- Emailing family and friends.