Beyond Greenwood

Alumnus of the Month:  Eric Charest-Weinberg

Owner, Charest-Weinberg Gallery | charestweinberg.com

Eric_in_jpegEric Charest-Weinberg has a passion that blends art and business, marketing and branding, entrepreneurship and creativity. He developed this passion at The Greenwood School.

Eric founded and opened Charest-Weinberg Gallery in Key West, Florida, in 2004.  The gallery designs and publishes monographs promoting artists and exhibitions, and was founded on a set of principles that reflect its now cutting-edge roster of emerging, mid-career, and historical contemporary artists.  In 2008, Eric relocated the gallery to Miami, where the gallery showcases a series of five annual exhibitions, each in excess of two months.  Eric, a native New Yorker, is in the process of establishing a branch of the gallery in New York City.  Charest-Weinberg Gallery regularly attends some of the most prestigious contemporary art fairs around the globe such as Art Basel Miami Beach and Art Basel Hong Kong.

Eric says that his exposure to art at Greenwood gave him tools and confidence to develop his passion and this has directly allowed him to explore the world in new ways.  Greenwood’s arts-infused curriculum and visual-sensory approach to introducing new information was key to his growth.  These experiences fostered enthusiasm, engagement and independence. “The curriculum was crafted to the way I learned most effectively and efficiently.  Greenwood’s focus on the arts helps shape the minds of students who need and desire creative outlets.  Whether I knew it when I was a Greenwood student or not, I now realize that the support of the faculty and the school’s focus on integrated arts pushed me to develop my artistic skills, think creatively, and build a career in the arts.”

Eric’s advice to Greenwood students of today: “Be yourself, realize you have amazing opportunities to take advantage of in every way, in every environment, in every day.  Use knowledge to experiment with life and develop passions instead of being a passive observer.”